Sunday, January 20, 2019

I Am Sure We Have Been Able To Save Lives With ‘Logo Benz’ – Lil Kesh 



Lil Kesh, a rapper formerly signed to Olamide Adedeji’s YBNL Records, says he’s certain that the controversial ‘Logo Benz’ single has saved lives.The song, featuring Kesh and Olamide, drew criticism for allegedly promoting money rituals. If money no enter I go do blood money, a line which means I’ll do blood money if I’m broke, drew the ire of many Nigerians. Following the release of the song, the rappers were accused of insensitivity and glorifying money rituals. Reacting in a chat with PUNCH, Kesh maintained that the song was recorded to create awareness.

 He said: Logo Benz was inspired by things we saw on social media and in our environment. One of the trending news now is how people are stealing pants for money rituals. One of those things they buy with the money is Benz cars. We thought we should do a song about it and create awareness; this is what we have been doing as musicians. But I guess people got the wrong impression. When it came out, it was heavily criticised and people felt we were promoting money rituals. I understood why it happened because some parts of the lyrics were not too clear. If we had looked for a better way to put the story out there, people would have understood it better. We have been able to create so much awareness on the issue and I am sure we have been able to save lives. Even if it was just one person we saved by releasing the song, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment