Sunday, January 20, 2019

I Received Death Threats Over Racy Nun Pictures I Took – Beverly Osu .




Popular entertainer, Beverly Osu, has often been in the news, especially since she took part in the Big Brother Africa competition in 2013, tagged – The Chase. Towards the end of 2018, the model turned actress stunned many Nigerians after she released some pictures in which she wore a raunchy nun outfit and was seen smoking a cigarette. Many people, especially Catholics, considered it as distasteful and an insult to their faith, but the entertainer feels otherwise.
 In a WhatsApp chat with Saturday Beats, Osu revealed that she was the creative director of the photo shoot but did not expect the backlash Nigerians meted on her. She said, I received a lot of death threats in my direct message on social media. I also received phone calls, saying I shouldn’t come out. People called my mother to threaten her life but I felt that they were all bluffing. Sincerely, I didn’t expect it, and there was nothing to cope with because I wasn’t bothered. I was not scared because I’m not afraid of anybody. If the Christians always claim they are Christlike; with the number of Christians in the world, the world should have become a better place since the 90s. I always say this, forget religion and find God.

No comments:

Post a Comment