Monday, March 18, 2019

I Was Buried Under The Rubble For 7 Hours' - Survivors Of Lagos Building Collapse recalls



 Survivors Of Lagos Building Collapse Tell Their Stories As loved ones say final goodbye to the departed in such mournful mood, survivors of the collapsed building have continued to share testimonies of their narrow escape from death.

One of them, Mr. Moruf Abdulhakeem, a Primary 5 and 6 teacher in the affected school, Ohen Nursery and Primary School, said he went out to buy food and on his way back to classroom at about 10 am, the incident occurred.

According to him, he noticed that the wall was vibrating when he was at the second floor of the building but before he could take another step, the entire structure came crashing down in debris and dust, with a deafening noise. Moruf told Saturday Sun that other teachers, the proprietress of the school and pupils were in their various classes when the incident occurred.

 “As I was climbing up, I noticed there was vibration and shortly, the building collapsed. While I was trapped struggling to get help, I could hear voices of other people crying for help. Many were praying and shouting Jesus! Jesus! Jesus save us. When I could no longer hear voices after some time, I, thought, they have been rescued, not knowing that many of them died in the process.” He explained that when the whole incident was going on, neigbours gathered and rescued him and others that were trapped. “I was buried under the rubbles from 10am to 3pm (7 hours) until help came my way through the neighbors, area boys and other sympathizers. I guessed that I stayed alive because of the water that they were pouring into the collapsed building. I was busy praying and begging God not to allow me to die in the process.”

No comments:

Post a Comment